Marketing a website online can be hard and downhard frustrating. However, it is essential and is very rewarding. The major traffic on the internet is from search engines(mainly google and yahoo). Getting a good search engine ranking is mostly achieved by search engine marketing. However, there is no single way of marketing a website. Hiring a professional to do your search engine marketing is always advisable and rewarding in the long or short term. Here are some simple ways to get your website marketing a jump start.
Basic search engine marketing mechanisms.
- Search engine Submissions-The basic and most effective way to get your website indexed. However, search engine tend to index webpages on their own if they are correctly “keyworded “.
- Getting linkbacks- Getting linkbacks from other websites can be very benefiacial for your website. Make sure the websites linking back to you are related to the content on your site.
- Google local search has improved dramatically. If someone searches “web design in Toronto” they mentioned a particular city. Thereby the priority results will be local.
- Having proper keywords-Keyword research is always advisable. Good keyword research shows how many people search for that particular keyword and its popularity.
- Website age- The older your website is the more priority it gets from search engines. With so many “fly by night” websites it is understandable.